Sunday, August 31, 2008

REVIEW - Pryramid Hefeweizen


My local Bevmo was closed so I decided to go upscale (chuckle) and buy some higher priced beer at my local liquor stor.


Style / ABV: American-Style Unfiltered Wheat Ale / 5.20% ABV


Serving Type: Just your regular pint glass


Appearance: Almost a dusty look as you poor it into the glass. This beer also has almost no head to it. My first impression well...is that I'm not going to be impressed with this beer.


Smell: No distinct smell


Taste: Tastes like a typical light beer. I guess this beer has a bit of a wheaty aftertaste but only slight. If I were to go to a local brewery restaurant and ask for their light beer then it would most likely taste like this one.


Mouthfeel: After your first sip you will start to think that you will have a bitter aftertaste that you would like to get rid of shortly. Not that it is immediately bitter, but you know down the line that you will need to drink something much more tasty.


Drinkability: I probably wouldn't pick this beer up again for the sole fact that if I am buying a beer that will surprise me and taste great well...then this simply doesn't. Sure I can down a six pack easy, but that doesn't say much when rating a beer now does it? Great beer if I just want to get wasted, but why pay more money for this when I can get a six pack of Bud Light for the same outcome? Plus Bud Light doesn't have the bitterness that Hefeweizen does.


Grade: C +


0 comments: